I prefer Goals to Resolutions. Goals are measureable while resolutions are generally abstract. For example I could Resolve to volunteer more at running events OR I could make a Goal to volunteer at 2 running events in 2017. You see what I mean? One is very specific and measureable , one is abstract.
That being said, I have given some thought to things that will make me an Improved Version of Me. Here are some 2017 resolutions that I am kicking around in my head right now. Please note that this is not an official list and therefore not binding.
- Sleep More. Seriously, I seldom get enough Rest. My sleep time is usually less than 6 hours.
- Drink More. Hydration is always an issue for me.
- Cut the Crap out of my diet. I feel better when I eat clean. I perform better when I eat clean.
- Volunteer more at local Running Events
- Motivate and encourage new runners.
- Do Yoga for injury prevention
- Always be humble and kind
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
These are my goals, subject to change without notice.
- PB in 5k , 10k, 13k, 21.1k and 42.2k. I have decided that I don’t want to chase numbers this year so I am not choosing goal times. Current best times are 29:02, 1:03:43, 1:23:32, 2:24:46 and 5:11:05, respectively.
- Ultra Trail Run. .. still undecided.. it might be a goal for 2018.
- Run Every Day in 2017. I have been doing this since Nov 30, 2014 and don’t plan to stop anytime soon.
- Yearly distance target . 2200 km. This is the only number that I shall chase this year.
- Volunteer for at least two local run events.
- Fitness goal. Be able to do 5 unassisted pull ups.
- Yoga goal, be able to do Crane pose.
What are your goals and resolutions for 2017? Good luck ! Stay strong, my friends and don’t let your dreams sizzle and fizzle and go out like some dud fireworks.