Warning: this blog post contains offensive language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.
First of all, I am a nice girl and I don’t swear. Much. Well, ok, maybe sometimes. Okay, truth be told I do say bad words occasionally but never Bad Swear Words. And only when provoked, dammit!
Now that I have made that clear you will probably be surprised at some of the thoughts that go through my head while I am running. Usually the thoughts stay inside my head, but sometimes they slip out and become vocal. Here is a little sampling :
- Fucking Garmin
- Where’s the fucking signal? Fucking Garmin
- Fuck! It’s cold / hot / slippery / humid, etc
- Fucking rain!
- My feet fucking hurt!
- Get the fuck away from me, you fucking dog!
- What? …… I only ran 2k so far… are you fucking serious?? Fucking Garmin!
- I don’t want to fucking do this anymore
- Just run to the next light post . Just run to the Next. Fucking. Light Post. And then you can take a break.
- So much fucking traffic!
- Fucking bicyclist!
- Another Fucking Hill!?? Are you fucking serious?
- I can’t take another fucking step
- One more fucking loop around this fucking lake. You can do this. Just one.more.fucking.loop!
- Fuckety Fuck Fuck!
You get the idea. If anyone was privy to these thoughts in my head, they would probably think that I hate running. And they would be wrong. I love running and that is why I am surprised at the profanity that accompanies me on some of my runs. Where does it come from? Who knows? Maybe I am just carrying extra baggage from home or work and I can safely release those frustrations along the trail. Maybe I have a duel personality disorder and one of us is a fucking bitch. Whatever the reason, the bad words usually disappear by the 2nd or 3rd kilometer and I finish the run with a smile. (Usually)